Faith Presbyterian Church is committed to proclaiming the gospel in suburban north Wilmington and the surrounding community. We have a gospel‐centered approach to preaching and teaching in our contemporary and traditional worship services with an average Sunday attendance of 235. Sunday School and Community Groups provide the framework for discipleship and outreach. We are committed to training interns through a range of ministry opportunities and in recent years have sent interns into chaplaincy, church planting, pastoral ministry, missions, and Christian education.
Faith Presbyterian Church Pastoral Intern:
Ministry: Serve in children’s, youth, or young adult ministries
Preach at the Sunday Breakfast Mission homeless ministry and Mary Campbell Center residential care facility for adults with disabilities
Opportunities to teach in youth, children’s, and/or adult Sunday Schools
Counseling and pastoral visitation opportunities under oversight of pastoral staff
Other ministry opportunities as determined by pastoral staff
- Light cleaning of sanctuary and gymnasium
- Ministry set-up and organization opportunities
- Special facilities projects as determined by the pastoral staff and deacons
- Approximately 15 hours per week split between ministry and facilities responsibilities
- Regular involvement in Sunday worship and Sunday School
- Hourly wage in the form of seminary scholarship to Westminster Seminary.
- Flexibility in the intern’s schedule is provided to facilitate semester study.
- A seminary student interested in vocational gospel ministry within the PCA
- Grace‐based ministry emphasis and evidence of ongoing spiritual growth
- General agreement with the doctrinal standards of the PCA
- Completion of background check under the church’s child and youth protection policies
Scheduled Dates: Annual internship beginning July 2017 with possible annual renewal through the completion of seminary degree.