In-Person Children's Ministry Guidelines
We at Faith Presbyterian Church are excited to provide safe, in-person ministries for children! Whether you are a regular attender or planning to visit us for the first time, we welcome you and encourage you to read the information below to prepare to join us for our children's ministries!
Questions or Concerns?
We would love to answer any questions you may have as you prepare and consider bringing your children to church. Please feel free to reach out to Rob Corwin at .
HOW TO PREPARE
Personal Health Assessment
Before arriving for church, please ensure you can answer NO to the following questions:
- Has an immediate family member had a high temperature, consistent cough, trouble breathing, or loss of taste or smell?
- Has an immediate family member come in contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19?
If you have answered YES to either of the following questions, please choose to stay home and visit at another time!
Starting on July 18th, masks will be optional for children and adult volunteers. Visit our church's updates page for more information.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARRIVE
Sunday Worship Services
We encourage you to arrive a few minutes early to have plenty of time to get your children checked in before the service starts.
Check-In (Nursery & Jr. Church)
- Before the worship service starts, proceed to the Preschool Foyer where you will see a check-in table. This is where you will check in your children for the nursery and Junior Church.
- After checking in your child(ren), you will get labels for your children along with a parent label with a claim code to show when you pick them up.
- Parents of nursery-age children (0-3) will then be allowed to drop off their child(ren) at the nursery door (room 111). Parents are not permitted in the nursery.
- Please maintain social distancing as you wait your turn to check-in.
Once Junior Church children (Pre-K through 2nd grade) are checked in at the Preschool Foyer, they will sit with their family for the first part of worship in the sanctuary and then are dismissed during the song before the sermon. Please accompany children to the Preschool Foyer where the teacher will meet the class and walk them back to their classroom (if you have not yet checked in your children, you can do it at this time.). Pick-up will happen at the classroom door (room 109 for the first service; room 110 for the second service).
- Sanitizing: Volunteers will be regularly washing their hands and sanitizing surfaces and toys.
- Shared Items: To minimize sharing, we have reduced the number of toys in the nursery.
- Food/Snacks: No snacks are permitted or distributed at this time. If you have a child in the nursery who may need a bottle, please label and prepare the bottle ahead of time.
- Room Arrangements: The back room in the nursery will be designated for ages 2-3 while the front room will be for children under 2. Teachers will encourage social distancing during Jr. Church and Sunday School.
- Pick-Up Procedures: We encourage parents to be prompt during pick-up and to maintain a social distance from other parents.
Thank you for your flexibility and cooperation with these guidelines. We look forward to seeing you and your children!