We are seeking applications for our new Pastor-Director of Outreach & Family Ministries full-time staff position.
The Pastor-Director of Outreach and Family Ministries shapes the strategic outreach of the church through children’s ministry and outward facing strategies. He/she develops relationships within the church and community, equips and trains volunteers for ministry with children, collaborates with other staff on outreach and assimilation, and aids in training the congregation for evangelism.
We are seeking a man or woman who has a heart for ministry through outreach to work alongside pastors who are passionate about the gospel and are open to strategies and ideas to reach the next generation and surrounding community for Jesus Christ.
- Professing Christian who is called to vocational ministry.
- Evidence of ongoing spiritual growth and discipleship.
- Passion for outreach, evangelism, and children’s ministry.
- Children’s ministry experience preferred: strategic planning, ministry coordination, ministry follow-up, and care/discipleship for children and families.
- Grace-based ministry emphasis.
- Able to plan, set goals, meet objectives, and equip others for ministry in a team‐oriented staff environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills with staﬀ, parents, children, volunteers, and congregation.
- Adept at recognizing ministry needs and implementing strategic solutions.
- Ability to recruit, develop, oversee, and lead volunteers.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree for director, but seminary/graduate degree preferred. Open to both female and male applicants.
- Agreement with the doctrinal standards of the PCA.
- Desire for a long‐term relationship with the church (minimum of 3‐5 years).
- Cast vision for church-wide commitment to evangelism and outreach.
- Train congregation for ongoing evangelism and outward focus.
- Provide creative approach to community outreach events including Vacation Bible School, Easter Egg Hunt, and Fall Fest.
- Develop events and ways to engage the church community and minister to unchurched children and families in our area.
- Equip volunteers for ministry, follow up, assimilation, and discipleship.
- Coordinate with Faith Preschool and Childcare for evangelism to preschool families that do not attend church.
- Establish and maintain a consistent gospel focus for all children’s programs.
- Supervise children’s Sunday School: recruit, develop, and train volunteer teachers to teach and minister with gospel-focus and excellence.
- Provide encouragement and oversight of volunteer Junior Church (age 4‐3rd Grade) and nursery (birth-age 4) coordinators.
- Direct Pioneer Clubs mid‐week children’s outreach (Age 4‐6th Grade) held on Wednesday evenings. Recruit and equip volunteers for outreach to church and community families.
- Recruit Vacation Bible School Directors and provide resources for volunteers for this annual week‐long outreach ministry.
Full‐time salary and benefits package.
Rent‐free use of church manse (3 BR, 1 Bath).
START DATE: Spring 2019
CONTACT INFORMATION: Send resume by email to Anna Bird,